Our structural engineer’s specific defect report is recommended where there is only one localised structural issue, such as a single crack in a wall or a bulging wall. This is also known as a Specific Structural Inspection or SSI for short.
FEES START AT £ 1,000 +vat for this partial inspection.
Our Chartered Structural Engineer will carry out an inspection and identify whether the defect is a structural problem and offer guidance on options for repairs and remedial works and the estimated cost of any repairs.
A specific defect report (Or Specific Inspection Report) is suitable if you believe the rest of the property is sound, but you have concerns about one aspect, such as:
• A crack in a specific location such as a bay window or other specific location.
• Bulging wall
• Sagging floor or roof timbers
• A building regulations issue, such as the removal of a chimney breast or wall, often without certification paperwork.
• Proximity of a tree, when clay soils prevail and is a subsidence threat
• Drainage proximity or failure, which could cause subsidence.
Pole Structural Engineer’s Reports cover the London area including Wandsworth, Fulham, Parsons Green, Southfields, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon Village, West Wimbledon, Raynes Park and Putney.